Merry Christmas 2014 from Kinetic Die Casting Company – All of us here want to wish you a Joyous and Merry Christmas. Our desire is that the warmth and love of the season will fill your heart celebrating Christmas. Kinetic …
Tag Archives: #plasticparts
Aluminum Die Casting Parts vs Plastic Injection Molded Parts.
Plastic Injection molding and aluminum die casting are similar in a lot of ways:
- Both require a mold or tool to produce parts.
- The tooling cost is very similar in both industries.
- Both processes inject material into a mold to make parts.
- Both processes can make hundreds or thousands of parts every day.
Plastic Injection Molded Parts
- Plastic parts are produced at a lower temperature than aluminum parts, plastic melts at only a few hundred degrees Fahrenheit
- Plastic Parts weigh less than aluminum die casting parts.
- Plastic is not typically biodegradable
- Plastic parts require metal inserts to hold a thread for screws.
- Plastic does not block EMI/RF waves
- Plastic Parts are not as strong.
Aluminum Die Casting Parts
- Aluminum parts weigh more than plastic.
- Aluminum parts are produced in only one color and need paint or powder coat for color.
- Aluminum naturally shields EMI/RF waves.
- Holes can be directly threaded into the parts.
- Features can be machined into aluminum.
- Aluminum has great thermal transference properties.
- Aluminum is a natural conductor of electricity.
- Aluminum material is environmentally friendly and can be recycled easily when done.
- All aluminum alloys (360, 380, 383, and 413) are made from recycled materials.
- Aluminum parts are stronger than plastic
Plastic Injection Parts vs. Aluminum Die Casting Parts
Kinetic Die Casting is a die casting company specializing in aluminum and zinc parts. If you would like to request a quote, please visit our website:Kinetic Die Casting Company
Kinetic Die Casting Company 6918 Beck Avenue, North Hollywood, California 91605 USA
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Toll Free: (800) 524-8083 Local: (818) 982-9200 Fax: (818) 982-0877
Die Casting Part Prices