Advantages of Aluminum Hardware Brackets over Plastic:
- Plastic is an insulator, while aluminum is electrically conductive. Plastic will need a special coating to achieve a similar result with aluminum (albeit inferior).
- Plastic does not ground, thus it requires extra grounding metal straps. Aluminum, being a metal, is easily grounded.
- Aluminum has a natural shield against RF and EMI, preventing radio frequency. Plastic does not block radio frequency.
- Aluminum brackets are much stronger than plastic injection moldings.
- Aluminum metal is stiff, while plastic injection moldings are too elastic for numerous applications.
- Plastic molded parts do not do well for chrome plating.
- Plastic can not obstruct electromagnetic emissions.
- Plastic does not do well with many coatings, while aluminum brackets do better on the department.
- Aluminum parts are stable, whereas plastic injection parts are not quite dimensionally stable.
- Plastic molded parts do not do well in conditions of hot and humid temperatures. Aluminum hardware is more heat resistant.
- One big problem with plastic is that they are not recyclable. Only less than 3% of the plastic will be recyclable. Nearly all metals, aluminum die castings in particular, are always readily recyclable.
- Aluminum die castings are non-hazardous and pose no problems to the government.
Kinetic Die Casting Company 6918 Beck Avenue, North Hollywood, California 91605, United States of America
E-mail email@example.com USA Toll Free: (800) 524-8083 Local: (818) 982-9200
To get prices for Die Casting Tooling Molds or Parts: RFQ Die Casting Part Prices
“The Parts We Make Today, We Ship Today”
Kinetic Die Casting Company makes:
Die Casting Manufacturing
American National Die Casting Parts
Die Casting Business
Zinc Die Casting Company Blog