Advantages of Aluminum Hardware Brackets over Plastic:
- Plastic is an insulator, while aluminum is electrically conductive. Plastic will need a special coating to achieve a similar result with aluminum (albeit inferior).
- Plastic does not ground, thus it requires extra grounding metal straps. Aluminum, being a metal, is easily grounded.
- Aluminum has a natural shield against RF and EMI, preventing radio frequency. Plastic does not block radio frequency.
- Aluminum brackets are much stronger than plastic injection moldings.
- Aluminum metal is stiff, while plastic injection moldings are too elastic for numerous applications.
- Plastic molded parts do not do well for chrome plating.
- Plastic can not obstruct electromagnetic emissions.
- Plastic does not do well with many coatings, while aluminum brackets do better on the department.
- Aluminum parts are stable, whereas plastic injection parts are not quite dimensionally stable.
- Plastic molded parts do not do well in conditions of hot and humid temperatures. Aluminum hardware is more heat resistant.
- One big problem with plastic is that they are not recyclable. Only less than 3% of the plastic will be recyclable. Nearly all metals, aluminum die castings in particular, are always readily recyclable.
- Aluminum die castings are non-hazardous and pose no problems to the government.
Kinetic Die Casting manufactures products like heatsink die casting, aluminum housings, and lighting fixtures. If you would like more information, please visit our website:Kinetic Die Casting Company
Kinetic Die Casting Company 6918 Beck Avenue, North Hollywood, California 91605, United States of America
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org USA Toll Free: (800) 524-8083 Local: (818) 982-9200
To get prices for Die Casting Tooling Molds or Parts: RFQ Die Casting Part Prices
“The Parts We Make Today, We Ship Today”
Kinetic Die Casting Company makes:
Die Casting Manufacturing
American National Die Casting Parts
Die Casting Business
Zinc Die Casting Company Blog