Die Casting Comparison of Zinc Parts and Aluminum Parts. Kinetic Die Casting Company produces parts for our customers in two types of metals. Aluminum and Zinc alloys. Most of the parts we produce are in aluminum.
When we get a quote request that does not specify the materiel, we ask a few questions to determine which metal would be better for them.
- Does weight matter? Zinc weighs about two and half (2.44) times more than aluminum. In other words, a part that weighs five (5) pounds in aluminum will weigh over twelve (12.22) pounds in zinc.
- Do you need EMI/RF shielding? Do you need electrical conductivity? Aluminum is much more electrically conductive than zinc, making it a better shield for RF/EMI.
- Do you need thermal conductivity? Aluminum is used by many manufacturers as a heat sink.
- Do you want parts with a highly polished finished surface? Zinc polishes very well, much better than aluminum.
- Do you need your parts plated? Zinc parts can be plated much better than aluminum.
- Are you intending to use the parts in a salt environment? Aluminum decays faster than zinc in a salty environment.
See our blog:
Whether, you need die casting parts produced in aluminum or in zinc, contact Kinetic Die Casting Company to purchase your parts or die casting tooling.
Contact Kinetic Die Casting Company to buy
Kinetic Die Casting manufactures die cast parts for their customers. If you would like to know more about what is die casting or if you would like a quote, please visit our website:Kinetic Die Casting Company
“The Parts We Make Today, We Ship Today”
Kinetic Die Casting Company. Inc.
6918 Beck Avenue, North Hollywood,
California 91605, United States of America
USA Toll Free: (800) 524-8083 Local: (818) 982-9200
To get prices for Die Casting Tooling Molds or Parts:
RFQ Die Casting Tooling Part Prices
Kinetic Die Casting Company makes: