What is the Die Casting Process? The Die Casting Part Production Process Explained.
Kinetic Die Casting Company uses a manufacturing process called “Die Casting” to make aluminum die casting parts and zinc die casting parts. But, what is the die casting part production process? Here is a GIF image I have on our home page to demonstrate:
demonstration of the die casting process
“Aluminum die casting is an aluminum metal parts production process where molten aluminum metal alloy is injected into a steel die, under extreme pressure, to manufacture aluminum parts” (Substitute the word “zinc” for “aluminum” in zinc die casting part production process)
Another GIF example example is on this web page:
(click) What is Die Casting?
Another demonstration of the die casting process
Cold Chamber Die Casting Process
The image pictured above depicts a Cold Chamber Die Casting Machine as it makes parts. The term “Cold Chamber Die Casting” refers to a separate metal melting furnace. The High Pressure Die Casting, cold chamber die casting process follows this sequence:
- Look at the die casting machine image above
- The die casting machine opens the die casting mold.
- The prior part is removed and the die cast mold is sprayed for the next part
- The aluminum is poured using a ladle into a shot cylinder
- The shot piston injects the metal into the die casting mold.
- The machine opens and the process starts again.
Contact Kinetic Die Casting Company for more information about the high pressure die casting process and about how to get great die casting parts at a great price and delivered quickly, no matter what quantity you need.