Kinetic Die Casting Company uses the die casting process to make aluminum die castings and zinc die casting parts. The die casting process, simplified, is described as follows:
- Our customer provides us tooling (https://www.kineticdiecasting.com/tooling.html), a die, a mold or inserts that we use to make their parts. We can also produce the tooling for our customers.
- We put together the tooling and mount the tooling in our die casting machine. This takes a few hours.
- We fill a furnace with the proper die casting alloy metal (https://www.kineticdiecasting.com/Alloy_Data.pdf) to make the parts for our customer. The metal takes 4 hours to melt to the casting temperature.
- While the furnace is heating up we heat up the tooling to make the castings.
- When the tooling is hot and the furnace has melted the aluminum, we begin the die casting process.
- We spray the tooling with a release agent so the parts do not stick in the tooling.
- We close the tooling inside our die casting machine.
- The metal is ladled into a shot sleeve, a piston drives the metal into the tooling using great force.
- Our die casting machine opens, the ejector pins push the part out of the tooling
- We begin the process again by spraying the tooling.
- We repeat this process 200 times to 500 times in a 10 hour shift.
- When completed making raw castings, we trim the excess material called “flash”. We use a trim die in a trim press or we sand parts with a belt sander and file them by hand. Sometimes this takes longer than the casting process.
- At this point, some parts are put in boxes and shipped the same day. Other parts are machined. Some parts get painted or chemical coated. All parts are inspected prior to shipping to our customers.
This is a very simplified description of the die casting manufacturing process.
“The Parts We Make Today, We Ship Today”
Kinetic Die Casting Company 6918 Beck Avenue, North Hollywood, California 91605 USA
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Toll Free: (800) 524-8083 Local: (818) 982-9200 Fax: (818) 982-0877