Aircraft or better known as Airplanes are large, very large. They are large because they are designed to carry things, lots of things. Airplanes carry mail, gifts, shipments, food, packages, baggage, and people. Airplanes are the fastest transportation for “things” and people today. Airplanes are fast because they travel through the air. Because airplanes are big and travel through the air, the airplane construction materials need to lightweight and strong. Aluminum is used for most of the airplane components because it is lightweight and strong. The overall airplane part weight is kept down so the airplane will be able to carry more “things”. Therefore, aluminum is used a lot.
Die casting is the preferred manufacturing process for making Aluminum Aircraft Parts. The reason is because the aluminum die casting process has a lot of advantages over other high volume aircraft part manufacturing processes.
Aluminum Aircraft Parts Produced as Die Castings:
- Die Casting is less expensive because more than 500 or 1,000 parts can be produced each day.
- Die Casting hold tolerance typically to +/- 0.002″ after the die casting tool is approved.
- Aluminum weighs 1/3 by volume of a similar part in steel.
- Aluminum die casting parts are very strong.
- Die Castings are produced near “net shape”, reducing additional manufacturing costs.
- Die Casting Tooling reliably manufacturers parts repeatably over several thousand parts.
- Aluminum die castings do not break down over time as other materials break down.
- Aluminum die castings have an aesthetically pleasing surface finish.
- Die Casting parts look good after paint or polish.
Kinetic Die Casting Company makes many types of aircraft parts. We make:
- Airplane distributor caps
- Aircraft wheel cove locks
- Cargo Plane bearing housing parts
- Airplane piston heads
- Many others….
Kinetic Die Casting manufactures die casting metal parts creating products like roofing tile molds, lighting parts, and military parts. If you would like more information about Kinetic Die Casting, visit our website:Kinetic Die Casting Company